My simple recipe –
- Washed 1 cup quinoa thoroughly and cooked it with 3 cups of water in microwave for 20 min, with salt.
- Fried onions, finely cut garlic, 2 finely chopped green chillies in oil.
- Added a handful of peanuts for crunch.
- Sprinkled little turmeric for yellow color.
- Garnished with cilantro and fresh lime juice.
- In retrospect, I should have added some grated carrots and cucumber too!
Yes, I know quinoa is not brown sabudana. Well that is what it took to make N eat it. So long as words like whole grain/healthy are camouflaged! ( Oh! I feel like a mother who tricked her child). I made it similar to regular sabudana kichidi. Thanks to nandini and bg for introducing me to this grain.
I must admit, the basic cooked quinoa, I found it tasteless; which, as a matter of fact, turned out to be a good thing, since it was easier to blend it with any spice without the fear of it adding any flavor of its own! Better still, N loved it and had two bowls full. “because it is brown it is smaller than regular sabudana?” he asks, “It tastes great though!” .. So folks you know what I am talking about when i say brown sabudana, next time around! 🙂
Find more on the health benefits of quinoa here.